Friday, June 5, 2009

It's 2AM

Is it wrong to be so infuriated by the fact that my birthmother called me twice at this hour? Midnight is perhaps understandable. But at this time? I have to work in the morning and am trying to sleep. But even if I did not have to work in the morning, isn't it just, well, selfish? We can't have a real conversation....she only wants to hear my voice. So in order to hear it, she feels she has the right to call me at whatever time she wishes.

I realize they are paying for the cell bill, but I never asked them to do that. In fact, I tried to dissuade them, knowing it was a way of ensuring that I feel indebted. Even if they didn't consciously intend to do so, they have and it's hard to believe it was completely unintentional. Especially in light of their late-night phone calls.

I realize that she and my birthfather get drunk and that that is the reason she calls so late, but while I felt their drinking made them more fun before, it makes them seem a little sad now. This may be a bitter, overdramatized outlook as a result of being sleep deprived and grumpy....but it's my rant and how I'm feeling at 2AM. Now I must go to sleep so I can wake up for work in the morning. Hope I don't get another call. But then again, I've put my phone on silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment