Monday, February 23, 2009

More Biological Family Drama

So I was walking home from my first day of teaching, smoking a cigarette (sorry family) after a stressful evening, when suddenly I hear my name being called. But it wasn't "Laura!" It was more like "Lohlah!" I stop in my tracks and turn to see none other than my birth mother! She had apparently hopped in a cab and come to my neighborhood TO WALK ME HOME FROM WORK. I don't know if she was worried or if she just wanted to do it because she never did when I was little, but it really freaked me out a bit.

After being scolded by Unkyung on her cell phone, my birth mother handed it to me. Unkyung apologized, saying she didn't know how this could happen and that she had no idea her mother would do something like that. I told her to was fine and when I hung up, my birth mother apologized. She then called my birth father who told her she must buy me beer and food. I tried to tell her that I was fine and wasn't hungry, but she was not having that. So I went back out with her to the corner store where she bought me cookies and beer.

So....now I am home (admittedly a little hungry--not for cookies, though) and writing about this. I need to get an interpreter ASAP to explain some things delicately to my birth parents. This attention is liable to push me away after a while....Right now it's sweet, but bordering on crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Let them feel responsible for you, they never really had the chance. Just give it a month or two, I'm sure they will back off a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete