Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pics of the memorial

Below are photos from the memorial for my biological Grandmother (my birthfather's mother). The first three are of the room set up at the memorial building where her ashes are kept. It was a simple room with hardwood floors, a plasma screen with her photo on it, and some incense to light in her honor. Afterward we had a picnic of spicy Korean food which included rank-smelling seafood. I was unable to eat much. In attendence were my birthparents, my sisters, two birthuncles, their wives, my birthfather's sister, and a cousin who is about my age.
The place was about two hours away, so we stopped at a rest area where I snapped the cute picture of Eunkyung and Eunsun (yes, I'm using a different spelling for their names today because I'm beginning to see it actually does make more phonetic sense).
We also stopped at a small shop, which looked more like a tent attached to a small country home (two pics). It was located in front of several other interesting structures, but no one seemed to know what they were (the picture with the hut-like structures). Also, there was a sculpture with statues of the military. I have no idea what that was all about.




No comments:

Post a Comment